We are currently looking to contract 2 part- time (15 days a month) Community Liaison Officers. One position will be is based in Kwazulu Natal and the other in the Northern Cape, in the Vanderkloof Dam region.
As a member of the Programme Team the Community Liaison Officer is expected to assist Project Managers with a range of tasks across three core Masifundise Programmes -Coastal Livelihoods, Inland Fisheries, and Capacity Building. A central purpose of the job is to facilitate ongoing communication between the Masifundise office and fishing communities, to network with relevant local and provincial organisations and stakeholders and maintain a positive and democratic public presence for Masifundise within fishing communities.
- Strong commitment to social justice and to building a progressive grassroots social movement;
- 2 years’ experience in similar (community – based) environment. Any experience in the fishing sector will be advantageous;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build partnerships;
- Innovative and flexible;
- In possession of a valid Drivers’ Licence;
- Computer Literate and able to produce reports;
- Competence in English and one other, isiXhosa, isiZulu and/or Afrikaans.
To apply for the position, please submit a CV with at least 2 contactable references, to email@example.com using “Community Liaison Officer” as the subject line.
Closing date: 25 February 2019.