Masifundise, a non-profit organisation working with small-scale fishers in SA, seeks to appoint Fieldworkers, based in the Eastern Cape and Kwazulu-Natal.
Our Vision is one of empowered fishing communities with sustainable livelihoods, where all live in a democratic and socially just environment.
Our core work is in the following areas:
- Advocacy and Organisational Building
- Popular Research and Awareness
- Empowering small-scale fishing communities around South-Africa Four Coastal Provinces
- Matric Certificate and computer literacy
- Able to speak at least three of the country’s official languages
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and able to work independently
- The person shall be responsible for the practical implementation of the project at community level.
- Have an understanding of community development issues in coastal communities,
- Have strong organisational skills, an ability to interact with ordinary people at local level
- An ability to interact with government officials at local and provincial levels.
- Proficiency in MS packages
- Must have a drivers licence (code 8)
- Willingness to work under pressure, travel around the four coastal provinces and spend days away from home
- build structures of the mass based organisation Coastal Links South- Africa
- Liaison with community leaders, fishers and other relevant stakeholders and interest groups
- Planning and participating in workshops and meetings
- Assisting the Project Co-ordinator with logistical arrangements;
- Submitting local operational reports for data capturing;
- Providing Leadership and problem solving on the ground;
To apply submit CV with contact details of three referees and Motivational Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 021 6854549
For Attention: Sithembiso Gwaza
Applicant must be South-African Citizen
Closing Date 15 May 2015