Masifundise: Fundraising Intern
Masifundise is a civil society organisation with a long track record in the small-scale fishing sector. Its aim is to promote and advance human rights and Food Sovereignty in small-scale fishing communities in South Africa, and globally.
Masifundise empowers fishers and community-based activists to become agents of change in order to to become agents of change within their own communities, organisations, and social movements, as well as facilitating and strengthening participatory governance, enabling fishing communities to secure their social, economic, and political rights and promoting principles of social, economic and environmental justice.
Masifundise has an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising Intern who will work closely with the Programme Manager. The intern will have the opportunity to experience and learn about working in a civil society organisation with a long track record in the social and environmental justice sector, and be exposed to the global fundraising world.
This is a six- month contract.
- Research and identify potential donors, grant opportunities, and fundraising prospects to expand Masifundise’s funding base.
- Assist in the development of grant proposals and reports
- Support the development and execution of other fundraising activities
- Maintain donor databases and records, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information for donor stewardship and communication.
- A Honours or Master Degree in relevant fields such as Social Sciences, International Relations, Non-profit management, business, marketing.
- A strong commitment to Masifundise’s mission and a genuine interest in fundraising and resource mobilization for social causes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft persuasive and compelling content for donor communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively, while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the wider team
A stipend will be provided.
The position will be located in Cape Town, South Africa, and South African labour laws will apply.
To apply, please submit a covering letter of motivation and your CV with at least 2 contactable references, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position you applying for as the subject line.
Closing date: 21 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place 28 – 29 November 2023.
Date of Commencement – 15 January 2024